Nov. 1, 2023
Our annual holiday food and gift card drive begins Wednesday, Nov. 1, and runs through Sunday, Dec. 31.
Last year, thanks to your generous donations, we provided 1,338 pounds of food, $565 in gift cards, and $836 of cash and checks to the Stanwood-Camano Food Bank.
Bring your nonperishable food donations to any of our fire stations, or to our Administrative office, and put them in the marked donation buckets.
Please bring gift card donations to our Administrative office, 811 N. Sunrise Road. If we’re closed, you can leave them in the locked drop-box outside the entrance. You can also mail gift cards if that’s more convenient.
Every year we collect nonperishable food, pet food, and personal hygiene products to benefit the Stanwood Camano Food Bank. Gift card donations benefit The Christmas House and are used to buy holiday gifts and necessities for families in our community. We also accept donations during our annual Santa Run in December.
Considering a donation? The Food Bank shared a few donation recommendations that you might find helpful:
- Hygiene supplies – like soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. – are a great donation idea. These items can’t be purchased with SNAP and EBT benefits.
- Pet food – Also can’t be purchased with SNAP or EBT benefits.
- Socks – A warm, clean pair of socks is a wonderful comfort item in the winter
- Gift cards – Amounts of $25 are preferred since many gift cards go to teens at the Christmas House
- Generic gift cards are most useful – like Amazon or Visa/Mastercard – since they can be used for a broad variety of items