Archived news from Camano Island Fire and Rescue.
- COVID vaccines available March 11 & 12March 7, 2021 Our clinic will open for two days, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, March 11, and Friday, March 12. We will be giving first doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Appointments will be added to the links below at 1 p.m. Monday, March 8. Bookmark the links to schedule anytime after 1 … Read more
- COVID Vaccines available March 4 and 5March 1, 2021 We received 1,170 doses of Pfizer vaccine for the week of March 1. Our clinic will open for two days, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, March 4, and Friday, March 5. Schedule your appointment for March 4 at https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov/reg/1560021974. Schedule your appointment for March 5 at https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov/reg/5901640572 PLEASE NOTE: We … Read more
- COVID Vaccines available Feb. 25-27Feb. 22, 2021 We received 1,170 doses of Pfizer vaccine for the week of Feb. 22. Our clinic will open for three days, from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25, through Saturday, Feb. 27. You can schedule your appointments online starting at 1 p.m. today, Monday, Feb. 22. Go to our COVID Vaccine … Read more
- Camano Fire & Rescue Board of Commissioners approves 2021 operating budgetOct. 29, 2020 The Fire Commissioners for Camano Island Fire and Rescue unanimously approved the department’s 2021 operating budget during their regular meeting on Monday, Oct. 26. The 2021 budget includes $7,419,500 for operations and $250,000 into capital replacement funds for facilities, apparatus, and other capital purchases. The 2021 budget represents a slight decrease from … Read more
- Mabana Flames donate gas detector to Camano Fire crewsMore than 50,000 people wind up in the emergency room each year due to Carbon Monoxide exposure. On Camano, the Mabana Flames are doing their part to help lower that number. In early June, the Flames donated a new four-gas detector to Camano Island Fire & Rescue. CIFR crews use the device to detect the … Read more
- Camano Island Fire & Rescue is proud to announce Dennis Wischmeier as the 2019 recipient of the annual Camano Island American Legion Post #207 Firefighter of the Year AwardFeb. 3, 2020 Dennis Wischmeier was honored recently as the 2019 Camano Island American Legion Post #207 Firefighter of the Year. Dennis has been an active volunteer with Camano Island Fire & Rescue since 2011, and currently serves at Station #5, Camano Island Fire and Rescue’s southernmost station in Mabana. “When the American Legion asked … Read more